18/03/2010

Beautiful reader



Considering the fact that I haven’t written many posts and have been terrible at updating lately I was surprised, touched and incredibly honoured to find out that one of my dear friends on Plurk had given me an award. Thank you Cowboy for the award, your wonderful writing but most of all for your friendship.

As a part of my acceptance post I was supposed to include a list of seven unknown things about myself. Since I had some difficulty figuring out what to put in this list, I begged my Plurk friends to help me out and ask things they would like to know. Here’s the final result in Q&A format.

1
Q - When will you finally finish your book? (Angst)
A - I will finish my book when it’s done, and not a day before that. I’ve only been writing it for 5 months, so I think I’m allowed to take my time, even more so since it’s the first full-length novel I’ve ever written.

2
Q - If I gave you a ticket to anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? (Tamsie)
A - Right now I’d go to the Maldives and see a friend of mine, relax and help him set up his recording studio.

3
Q - Do you regret any choices you've made? (Dooneybird)
A - I try not to regret any choices I’ve made in my life. I try (try!) to spend that energy on making the best out of a crappy situation instead.

4
Q - About what subject are you a snob? Music? Yarn? Furniture? Other? (Tamsie)
A - I’m a terrible lip-balm snob. I only use one brand that is developed by the Swedish National Defence. I have one at my desk, one in my bag and one next to the bed at all times - always ready and never without it. Apart from that I think I’m very flexible in my likings.

5
Q - Who influenced you to go into music as a profession? (Bronsont)
A - I’m not sure I can say that someone specific has influenced me in that decision. I remember when I was eleven (or was it twelve?) and I found my brother’s leaflet about career choices he had gotten from his school. In it I read that you could actually study music more than just take lessons in different instruments. The thought of being a “real” musician had never really dawned on me before that and I made up my mind on the spot.

6
Q - What's your favorite type of food? (Angst)
A - My favorite food is usually something I don’t have to cook myself since I like getting spoiled. (But taste wise it’s the other way around.) My favorite thing to do if I have a lot of time is Swedish meatballs. Not the type you get at ikea, but the ones I make myself.

7
Q - Do you eat Jelly babies head first or feet first? (Cowboy)
A - I always eat jelly babies head first. I think it’s the only humane thing to do.



I'm bad at following blogs but I try my best to stay updated with the following people:

Emma - Wonderful RL friend for many years, writes in Swedish about this and that in her everyday life.

Astrid - Writer and my brightest ray of sunshine.

Cowboy - Poetic ponderings, smiles and always an enjoyable read.

Cat a.k.a Catswire - My favorite jewelry designer with a wonderful sense of humor.

BubbleBoo - The lovely and strong. Don't forget to check out her wonderful writing at the Writer's Bubble too.

Lifecruiser - Warning: You may feel like traveling after reading!

Linda - Dive in and enjoy her diving adventures and other ramblings.

Northernlight - I just started following her and I think you should too.

David - The ministry of cats is full of goodies I have not been a follower for very long but I am looking forward to more.

Pam - Fantastic writer, I wish she wrote more but I know that sometimes life is keeping us too busy to type.

I apologize for the lack of in-depth descriptions of the blogs but they are all written by wonderful people and I highly recommend them. All above are written in English unless otherwise noted.

Thanks for making it to the end of the post. More fun will come soon.

4 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

Je prends un coup d'oeil à votre blog magnifique
un salut de Catalunya Reus

Cat said...

Thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself (and including me in your list *blush*).
I am glad to have met you - online, but who knows what the future will bring?
For you, I hope, it will only bring the best.
Hugs, my dear!

jenny said...

Försvarets hudsalva is Da Shit. Fast jag har svårt att relatera den till snobbism, ens om jag försöker...!

bubbleboo said...

A very well-deserved award, my dear Amle. You write beautifully. More than that, I am honoured to be able to call you my friend x